Architectural brief development – getting your project on the right track.
At the outset of any project, it is vital that we collect as much information from you as possible about exactly what you want from your design to guide our architectural brief development.
We use this information to formulate a detailed building design brief that will be a vital point of reference throughout the whole project, not only for us but also for any builders, contractors or other specialists that may be involved in the process.
Meticulous planning of the building design brief
To help develop the building design brief, we create a comprehensive checklist that is designed to cover all the key information that will have a bearing on the project. Some examples of the key areas that this will cover are:
- What are you looking to achieve with the construction project?
- What is the context?
- Do you have any preference for specific design styles or materials?
- Who will use the building and what are their individual requirements?
- What rooms and spaces are required, both internal and external?
- Do you have any particular features or surfaces that you would like to see included?
- Are there any specific views from the property that are important to you?
- What are your requirements regarding overall construction, technology, sustainability and energy efficiency?
- What is your budget and your deadline for completion of construction?
Ensuring the building construction meets your objectives
The above is a brief snapshot of a highly detailed and disciplined methodology from which we create the final building design brief for your project, which we then submit for your approval.
Architectural brief development is the crucial starting point for any successful new construction project.